Thursday, March 15, 2012

Update: Drawing, drawing, drawing...!

All I do anymore is draw. That's it. Seriously. And it's weird. And there's so much distracting stuff that happens while you're trying to draw, it's amazing that any drawing gets done at all.

I also just purchased a new Multi-Function Center (ooooooooo! aaaaaaaahhhh!), which is a fancy tech term for a copier/printer/scanner/fax machine. This is notable because in all the years I worked in print services, I've never owned a printer...'cause I never had to. AND this is my first scanner that allows me to scan ledger-size pages, so no more piecing together artwork in multiple scans for this cartoonist!

I actually want to write a long, rambling entry on these subjects, but I'm going back to the drawing table now. In the meantime, here's a peek at the thumbnail layout and pencils (which I scanned on my new scanner!) for the first page of issue 2.
Actual size: 2.75" x 4.25"
Actual size: 11" x 17"

Real quick before I go, I mentioned last time that I was gonna have a special request of some of you soon. I meant it, so stay tuned...I'm gonna let you in on a way you can help keep me even more inspired than you already do!

Yesterday's Music: Vincent Ingala; The Osmonds; The Carpenters; Bobby McFerrin; Lambert, Hendricks & Ross

1 comment:

  1. LOOKS AWESOME!!!

    I'm a big advocate of the 11x17/A3/ledger size scanners. Piecing together pages is the worst!

    ReplyDelete